We held the convener call for the XMILE TC today at 9:00 am EDT.
On the call were Karim and Joanne for the proposers, Chet, Robin, Carol and Dee for OASIS.
The Call for Comment ended on 06 June 2013. One comment was received and Karim has posted the comment resolution log to the oasis-charter-discuss@ mailing list. Last changes have been made to the charter and the final charter is ready to submit.
We discussed the timeline for events going forward and the facilities that will be in place:
- Call for Participation, 8 June 2013. TC internal web page, public web page and mailing list will be ready at that time.
- Reminder of deadline to join TC to OASIS members, 12 July 2013
- Call for nominations for chair, 16 July 2013
- List of eligible voters at first meeting to mailing list, 18 July 2013
- First meeting, 24 July 2013
We clarified that the TC can elect 2 co-chairs. We also discussed the possibility of electing a Secretary and appointing editors at the first meeting.
We clarified that no substantive discussions or contributions can occur on the mailing list prior to the first meeting. Only communications dealing with the logistics of starting the TC and other non-substantive discussions can happen.
We discussed membership options and how the System Dynamics Society might join and participate. Carol and Dee will work with the conveners to promote the work and participation in the TC.
Carol discussed efforts that OASIS will take to promote the TC. We discussed holding a webinar ahead of the first meeting to inform interested people about the work. Karim and Joanne said that they also plan to hold an informal information session at the System Dynamics Conference ahead of the first meeting.
The next steps are:
- Karim will officially submit the final charter;
- Chet will circulate the Call for Participation.
If I missed anything, please feel free to add / amend these notes.