oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Notes from the PROMCODE convener call

Proposers of the PROMCODE Technical Committee,

Following the close of the call for comment period on your proposed charter, the convener call was held yesterday, 14 February 2014, 10:00 am JST, 13 February 2014, 8:00 pm US EDT. Dr. Mikio Aoyama, the convener, Sean Kennedy from the OSLC Member Section and Chet Ensign from OASIS were in attendance.

We noted that two comments were received on the draft charter: a request that a link to the existing PROMCODE specification that will be contributed be provided in the charter and a recommendation to change the proposed TC name to align with the pattern being used by the other TCs affiliated with the OSLC Member Section. Dr. Aoyama said that the proposers will make these changes. He has provided a comment resolution log for these comments to OASIS.

We reviewed the next steps for starting the Technical Committee and the upcoming schedule:

- Submission of the final version of the charter: no later than Wednesday, 19 February, 2014

- OASIS issues the Call for Participation: no later than Sunday, 23 February, 2014

- OASIS issues a reminder of the upcoming deadline to join the TC and be eligible for voting rights at the first meeting: Monday, 10 March, 2014

- OASIS issues the call for nominations for chair:  Monday, 10 March, 2014

- Last day to join the TC in time to have voting rights at the first meeting: Tuesday, 18 March, 2014

- OASIS issues the list of members eligible to vote at the first meeting: Wednesday, 19 March, 2014

- First meeting of the TC: Tuesday, 25 March 2014

We reviewed the resources that will be available to the TC when the Call for Participation is issued: the internal and public web pages, the email listserv, the roster, calendar and document repository. I covered the additional capabilities that the TC can request after the initial meeting: a wiki, JIRA project and SVN version control repository.

We discussed steps that OASIS will take to publicize the TC and solicit additional participants. Sean mentioned that the Member Section has been running webcasts on OSLC work and that PROMCODE will be included in an upcoming one on the 19th of February. We discussed that it would be useful if the Call for Participation were available at that time.

We then closed the meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the above or about the upcoming steps.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393