oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Notes from CMIS4DAM convener call 17 Sept 2014

Ralph and I met for a brief convener call for CMIS4DAM. These notes summarize our discussion.

- The comment period closed with no comments submitted to the oasis-charter-discuss@ list. Some comments were received on external forums. There is no need for formal comment resolution steps for the draft charter.

- Ralph confirmed that the charter as submitted needs no changes so it will be the charter going forward.

- Ralph and I reviewed the schedule to launch the TC:

* Call for participation: Will be issued no later than 28 Sept. When it is sent out to members, the TC web site, roster, email list etc. will be online and available so that people can join the TC. Traffic on the email list is restricted to communications for setting up the TC. No work can take place before the first meeting.

* Reminder of deadline to join with voting rights: Roughly 10 days before the meeting (on or about 18 Oct), I will send a reminder to all OASIS members reminding them of the deadline to join in time to have voting rights at the first meeting.

* Call for nominations for chair: Roughly 9 days before the meeting (on or about 19 Oct) I will send a invitation for people to nominate themselves or others as TC chair to the email list. We will also ask for nominations from the floor at the first meeting.

* Last day to join with voting rights: The TC Process requires that people who want to have voting rights at the first meeting join at least 7 days in advance – 21 Oct

* List of eligible voters to mailing list: the day after, I will send to the TC mailing list a list of everyone who joined in time to have voting rights at the first meeting. – 22 Oct

* Inaugural meeting: 28 Oct. The first order of business will be to elect a chair.

- Ralph and I discussed outreach activities that will follow the call for participation. Outreach will be handled by Carol Geyer.
  * OASIS may issue a press release after the first meeting. But that depends on whether or not there are enough sponsor members participating. Carol will follow up with details.

  * I clarified that once the call for participation has been released, I will close the discussion@ list that was opened to initiate discussion of this TC.

- We touched on the topic of who might be chair. We’ll discuss that again at a future date.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or amendments.

/chet   [§]
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298