oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Re: [oasis-charter-discuss] Call for Comment: proposed Charter for Best Current Practices TC

Ashok,

I did not consider Open Projects because I am not super familiar with them.  So I am not sure if they need the same sort of help or not.

TCs can voluntarily establish and create their own best practices and âstanding rulesâ outside of the OASIS Board, OASIS Board Process Sub-Committee of the Board, or the OASIS TAB.  This happens all the time.  So what this TC is trying to do is provide a vehicle where all of this work can be done in the open and documented so other TC could do similar things. For example, if one TC comes up with some neat way of dealing with for example Markdown work flow in Git, it would be great if it was documented in a Best Practice or using Markdown and Git.  That way if other TCs want to do the same thing, they could.

OASIS as a member run organization should provide a vehicle so that its members can help create and document these sort of things.  This is what this TC is trying to do.

Bret