oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Re: [oasis-charter-discuss] Thoughts on comments received on CfC for "Best Current Practices" TC [BCP]

Quick answer to a quick question -- a TC which explicitly limited itself, in its charter, to create only Committee Notes (that is, to not submit any Committee Specifications), would demonstrably never be able to impose a patent commitment on its participants, and thus should be viewed as "IPR-safe" in that sense.

Jamie