- Attending: Bret Jordan (convener), Jane Ginn, Ryan Hohimer, David Filip, Ashok Malhotra, Gershon Janssen, Scott McGrath, Jamie Clark, Chet Ensign (TC Admin)
- Much discussion of concerns by board members about scope of the charter and desire to give the board an opportunity to discuss the charter before the c4p goes out.
- Discussion of process and next steps.
- Consensus that the convener call is the opportunity for commenters to review how their comments and discuss resolution with proposers
- Agreed next steps:
- The comment period is not being reopened. Comments received during comment period are the only ones being discussed.
- Bret will send comment resolution log to oasis-charter-discuss@ mailing list
- Chet will consult with interested parties and schedule a continuation of the convener call so that comments, proposed changes, and resolutions can be discussed.
=== Chet's detailed notes ===
o Introduced Gershon and turned over call to him
o Attending: Bret, Jane, Ryan H, David F, Ashok M, Gershon – Scott, Jamie, me
o Gershon shares board concerns about scope of the charter and desire to give the board an opportunity to discuss the charter before the c4p goes out
o Bret – policy is out of scope for this TC full stop
o However, majority of TC d2d activity do not have policy/process to follow. So this TC intends to help get TCs up to speed on how to do things
o Just codify what is done in TCs today. For example, the TC doesn’t intend to say how voting rights are determined – that’s in the rules. The TC would suggest how to actually record the votes so that you can keep track of who has voting rights, especially
across multiple meetings
o Ryan: OASIS is a unique culture. Joining OASIS is not a piece of cake. This TC is an opportunity for me to get exposure to people with experience making OASIS work. This can be an important resource for people who are trying to get involved, esp when your
field of expertise is not in standards
o David: more important to start it right than fast. Encourage Board feedback on the charter language
o Bret suggests that we schedule another convener call to discuss the language
o Jamie – process questions: a) is the comment resolution log available, b) is the board proposing to take over process from TC Admin, c) what has the board decided to do
o Bret notes that comments that have come in but there is not consensus among the proposers to accept Martin’s proposed changes. Comment log is not yet done.
o Chet notes that the comment resolution log still needs to be delivered. Agrees with Bret’s description of the scope of comments received
o How do we go forward? Gershon strongly in favor of another conversation about these comments and try to reach common ground. We continue the call. Bret – clarify – this is not to reopen the comment window, correct? Yes.
o Bret has the comment resolution log ready.
o Jamie asks that the comment rez log be sent to oasis-charter-discuss
o Bret – I’ll post the document to the list. Chet will reschedule a continuation of the call to review and discuss
Chief Technical Community Steward
OASIS: Advancing open source & open standards for the information society
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393