oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: RE: XML - What, How, Why?

David, et al.

As a wise man once said, "I feel your pain".  I use XML regularly as part of the work at Science. But trying to explain the what, how, or why of XML to my colleagues is incredibly difficult. The problem seems to be the abstract nature of XML, and its inherent invisibility.

The way I've gotten around this obstacle is by showing examples of XML we use in day-to-day operations.  And I've seen more 'a-ha' reactions with these examples than with straight explanations, even in the form of bullet points.

Alan Kotok
AlanKotok@cs.com
http://www.technewslit.com/
Editor, PublicDiplomacy.Org, http://www.publicdiplomacy.org/