OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

oasis-member-discuss message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Agenda for May 11-12 OASIS Board Meeting

OASIS Members,

As part of the OASIS Board and Management ongoing efforts to enable greater
communication, all members are invited to attend the May quarterly meeting
of the OASIS Board of Directors. The Open Sessions for OASIS Members will be
held from 1:30pm to 5:30pm on Thursday 11 May and from 10:00 am to 4:00pm on
Friday 12 May. The Board will convene in closed sessions to address
financial and staffing issues.

This is a new opportunity to observe the governance of the Consortium
first-hand, appreciate the motivations and commitment of Board directors,
and witness the dialogue informing the decisions that affect all members.
The agenda for the meeting, which will include time for member questions and
comments, is included below. To ensure adequate space is allocated, members
should indicate their intentions to attend the Board meeting on the
Symposium registration form.

The open OASIS Board meeting represents another example of the channels
created in the past year to facilitate greater member and public feedback.
Members are encouraged to continue to use the:

OASIS-Board-Comment: oasis-board-comment@lists.oasis-open.org mail lists to
share ideas and concerns with others and with the Board. 

Thank you for your continued support.

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO
630 Boston Road
Billerica, MA  01821  
+1.978.667.5115 x201  - office
+1.978.761.3546       - mobile
Skype: pgannon

OASIS Board of Directors Meeting

San Francisco A room
Grand Hyatt - Union Square
345 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA

All times are Pacific Daylight Time zone [GMT-7].


Thursday, 11 May 2006


1:00pm - 1:30pm    Arrive, get set-up. 

1:30pm - 1:55pm
1.    Welcome, Acknowledge Members, Goals & Review of Agenda 
							[Eduardo G. - 15

2.    Review & Approval of Minutes & Action Items from 12 Apr Board call.
							[Chris K. - 10 min.]

Open Action Items:

ACTION ITEM 2005-07-27.05: Executive Committee to review Liaison Policy for
consistency with convergence goals of the organization. 
[Status: Open. Convergence issues being worked by TC Process committee.]

ACTION ITEM 2006-01-25.02: Patrick Gannon to track the IT issues list and
import into IT tracking tools when they are available.
[Status: Open. Ongoing.]

ACTION ITEM 2006-01-25.03: The TAB to distribute the current AIR draft for
public review, process any comments, and provide an updated version to the
Board for approval at its March meeting.
[Status: Open.  Ongoing work within TAB & Staff. See Agenda Item 11 May #6.]

ACTION ITEM 2006-01-25.04: The Strategy Committee to report at the May
meeting with options for alignment of membership categories. 
[Status: Open. Staff initiated member survey based on questions reviewed
with Strategy Committee. See Agenda Item 11 May #4]

RESOLUTION 2006-01-25:06: RESOLVED that OASIS staff is directed to
investigate and provide conference call bridge hosting, funded through the
use of current reserve funds, with the operational plan subject to Board
approval at the March meeting. Passed unanimously.
[Status: Open. Staff is surveying TCs for more detailed needs of conference

ACTION ITEM 2006-02-24.02: Ed Cobb to schedule an outreach committee meeting
and develop a policy communication plan proposal. 
[Status: Open. Outreach Team met on 15 March.]

Category B Items - For Board Review & Feedback

01:55 - 2:10pm
3.	Member Section Review  [15 min]
	- PKI MS		- Ann Terwilliger
	See Fri 12 May Item #5 for other Member Section presentations.

02:10 - 3:10pm
4.	 Strategy Committee			[Frederick H. - 60 min.]
	- Membership Categorization Results

3:10 - 3:40pm
5.	 Infrastructure Issues        [Patrick G., Robin C. & Jamie C. - 30
	- Review of Infrastructure Issues (IT & TC Process) 

3:40 - 3:50pm    BREAK		[TAB members join meeting]

3:50 - 4:00pm
6.	Symposium Review		[Carol G. & Jane H. - 10 min.]

4:00 - 5:00pm
7.	TAB Review	[Frederick H. & TAB - 60 min.]
	a. Symposium Sub-committee Report
	b. GAP Sub-Committee Report
	c. Quality sub-Committee Report 
	d. Open Issues Discussion

5:00 - 5:30pm
8.	Member Comment Period		[Eduardo G.- 30 min.]
	Member Issues and Questions

5:30 - 5:45pm        BREAK	[TAB, Staff, Members leave]


5:45 - 6:15pm
9.    General Organization Health  	[Directors Only]	[Eduardo G.-
30 min.]
	- Review of Member Issues
	- Review of Org health issues list

[Patrick leaves meeting]

6:15 - 6:45pm
10.   Outside Directors Discussion		[Eduardo G. - 30 min.]

6:45pm    Meeting Adjourn


Friday, 12 May 2006


8:00am - 8:30am    Arrive, get set-up. [Coffee, tea, fresh fruit & pastries]

8:30am - 8:35am
1.    Review of Agenda [Eduardo G. - 5 min.]

Category B Items - For Board Review & Feedback

8:35 - 9:35am
2.	 Financial Committee Reports        [Mike D. & Patrick G. - 60 min.]

9:35 - 10:00am
3.	Staffing Plans		[Patrick G. - 25 min.]
	- Review Management Backup Plan

10:00 - 10:15am		BREAK		[Members Join meeting]


	- Welcome Members		[Eduardo G.]

10:15am - 11:15am
4.	Liaison 	
	- Review of OASIS role in International Standards  [Dr. Carol
Cosgrove-Sacks - 30 min.]
	- Liaison Status Review		[Patrick G. - 30 min.]

11:15am - 12:15pm		[Patrick G. & MS Steering Cmte Reps - 60
5.	Member Section Review  [20 minutes each]
	- CGM Open MS	- None
	- DCML MS		- Darrel Thomas, Sarah Barbuscia
	- LegalXML MS	- John Greacen, Tom Clarke
	- Review of Member Section Policy development [Patrick G.]

12:15 - 1:30pm	Lunch  [Buffet lunch with TC Meeting attendees in common
					Lunch served from 12-2pm]

1:30 - 2:00pm
6.	Outreach Team		[Patrick G., Ed C., Bob G. - 30 min.]
	- Review status of Outreach activities on IPR

2:00 - 3:00pm
7. 	TC Process Committee	[Jamie C. - 60 min]
	- Review status of TC Process revisions 
	- Discuss TC level one vote per Org./Individual

3:00 - 3:30pm
8.	TC Admin Review of TC Operations  [Jamie C. & Mary M. - 30 min.]
	- TC Operational Status
	- Status of IPR Mode Transition

3:30 - 4:00pm
9.	Member Comment Period		[Eduardo G.- 30 min.]
	Member Issues and Questions

4:00 - 4:15pm        BREAK	[Members leave]


4:15 - 5:00pm
10.	Wrap-up 	[Directors Only]		[Eduardo G.- 45
	- Review of Member Issues
	- Review of Action Items
	- Review of topics for 28 June Board Call
	- Review of topics for 2-3 Aug Board Meeting in Billerica, MA

5:00pm        Adjourn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]