oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: Re: [oasis-member-discuss] Fw: [chairs] Possible change to TC voting rules - input requested

Hi Frederick.

My thinking was if there are currently say 5 people from the same organisation on a TC and they all can vote them they will probably all contribute fully.  Restricting that org to one vote might mean 2, 3 or 4 of them might become inactive thus reducing participation.  If the org was restricted to say max 3 members who can all vote then there's a strong chance you would keep a higher level of active participation from that org.   All ifs and buts and maybes I appreciate but possibly IMHO a better chance of keeping good participation.

Clearer?

Regards
John
M. +44 (0)7976 157745

----- Original Message ----
From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: ext John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>; oasis-member-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Monday, 23 October, 2006 4:08:28 PM

John

Thanks for your note.

Is not restricting participation level more restrictive than
restricting voting, and more likely to potentially reduce involvement?

I'm not quite sure how this suggestion addresses your concern about
reducing participation.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment, hence my reply.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia