oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: RE: [oasis-member-discuss] Re: Possible change to TC voting rules - input requested

While a TC operates by consensus the current rules should not be a
problem.

The only case where the current system might fail is if a single
organisation could through its block vote override the wishes of the
ajority.  The balancing factor here is that large numbers of voting
members impede the achievement of a quorum, and it may be appropriate to
invite organisations with large numbers of voting members to adjust the
voting level of their participants.

Howard Mason
PLCS TC

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Parducci [mailto:bill.parducci@simulalabs.com]
Sent: 22 October 2006 15:07
To: oasis-member-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [oasis-member-discuss] Re: Possible change to TC voting rules -
input requested

               *** WARNING ***

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an
external partner or the Global Internet.

Paul Fremantle wrote:
 > This seems reasonable. I would prefer 3 rather than 2 rather than 1
to  > encourage wide involvement.

I agree. I further believe that the number of voters allowed by any
given organization be controlled by participation in the TC and not by
participation in Oasis as a whole (i.e. sponsorship levels).

---
Bill Parducci
VP Technical Services
Simula Labs