oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: Possible change to TC voting rules - input requested

Disclaimer: This is my individual input based on my experience in OASIS (it is neither the consolidated input of my employer nor the SDD TC)

First, I will echo previous comments about the impetus for the proposed change. Are there real problems or issues that need to be fixed? If not, perhaps the status quo is fine.

Having said that, a cap on the number of votes a single company can cast is not necessarily objectionable. Ideally, this could be accomplished via a simple request to TC members rather than a rule change.

If a rule change is truly necessary and should occur, I believe that the cap should be a fixed number, probably no less than 3, votes per company, rather than some formulaicly derived number or a "one company, one vote" method. Also, I think that the following considerations would need to be taken into account:
In summary:
Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
STSM, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut