oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: Proposal for mails from JIRA system

Hi Mary,

I have a proposal for the mails from the JIRA system used by the TC.

The current situation in the ODF TC is that much more mails from the
JIRA system are posted to the TC's mailing list than mails from the TC
members. Since we use JIRA (May 2009) more than 3700 JIRA mails has been
produced, but since I am a member of the TC (January 2007) ~4800 mails
from the TC members has been posted.

For subscribers of the TC's mailing list this is not an issue, because
mail servers respectively mail clients in general support the
introduction of corresponding filters.
People who are not subscribed or who are not even members of OASIS, but
are interested in the TC's work have to access the TC's mailing list
archive to figure out what is going on in the TC. For these people the
JIRA mails are a pain.

Thus, I propose the possibility for each TC to request an extra mailing
list for the JIRA mails with its own archive separated from the TC's
mailing list. TC members shall be automatically subscribed to this
mailing list when they join the TC.

Best regards, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer