oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: Response to comments on OASIS Bylaws

Dear Eduardo:

Thank you for your comments on the proposed revisions to OASIS Bylaws posted on 8/24/2020 [1]. The Governance Committee reviewed with gratitude and considered each of your recommendations.

We adjusted to the 'purpose' clause in Article II, after review of the comments received expressing concern about the general scope of OASIS activities. The key phrase, with the newly added words bracketed, now reads "... to develop and refine [information technology] standards, specifications, code, policies, and methodologies ..."

We also note that the Bylaws draft already includes the phrase âOASIS is a global, member-driven communityâ which indicates that the work of OASIS is driven by the members and thus is appropriate to their work and interests.

The Governance Committee plans to finalize these and then recommend that the full Board approve the changes and transmit them to our membership.

Regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Chair of OASIS Board Governance Advisory Subcommittee

[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oasis-member-discuss/202009/msg00000.html