oasis-public-discuss message

Subject: Advice on publishing open standards

Greetings Oasis list,

I'm curious about publishing open standards through Oasis.

I am the sole developer working with the inventor of a sign language
script called SignWriting.  People from around the world are using our
software to write dictionaries and documents for the various sign languages.

I am currently creating open standards based on my closed source
applications.

Our latest symbol set was released under the Open Font License.  The
character encoding model document is available under Creative Commons
by-sa.  The server side font engine is GPL 3. A MediaWiki extension is
also GPL 3.

By the end of next year, I should have the open standards fully
documented with a complete solution available under the GPL.

I was wondering about the benefits of working with Oasis versus self
publishing.

Regards,
-Steve