oaxal message

Subject: Re: unanswered query on comment list

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your email. The question in the link regarding the
DocZone's claim to be the reference implementation is not quite
accurate. They are to the best of my knowledge a reference
implementation of the proposed OAXAL level 1 conformant Reference
Architecture.

OAXAL is an OASIS TC that is bound by the rules and regulations of the
TC and conforms to the OASIS IP policy. All procedural rules required by
OASIS have been adhered to at all times and all decisions have been
subjected to committee vote. OAXAL as an OASIS reference architecture
proposal is open to all vendors to implement.

The fact that a company has chosen to implement a proposed standard in
no way compromises the fact that it is vendor agnostic. If, for
instance, a company were do declare that it has a reference
implementation of XLIFF 2.0, would this in any way mean that XLIFF 2.0
is not vendor agnostic? There are I believe already other OAXAL
implementations in existence.

OAXAL is entirely composed of Open Standards and I cannot see how an
implementation of OAXAL Level 1 could be anything but vendor agnostic.

xml:tm and/or W3C ITS is not mandated in certain implementations of
OAXAL according to the Conformance Guidelines
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oaxal/FrontPage#ConformanceCategories). This
means in fact that those aspects of the workflow concerning segmentation
and extraction of text from an XML document can be done using vendor
specific techniques. The freedom to implement these is acknowledged
through the Conformance Categories. This was arrived at through our
democratic TC process under OASIS rules.

Best Regards,

AZ

--
email - azydron@xml-intl.com
smail - c/o Mr. A.Zydron

the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you may not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the sender
delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification
is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless explicitly stated
otherwise this message is provided for informational purposes only and
should not be construed as a solicitation or offer.

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Andrzej Zydro=C5=84
n;quoted-printable:Zydro=C5=84;Andrzej
email;internet:azydron@xml-intl.com