oaxal message

Subject: Re: Okapi and OAXAL

Hi Yves,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation of the Okapi level. Conformance is based on self assessment as to the inclusion of all of the relevant standards. As you rightly point out many of the standards do not have a clear conformance mechanism, so it would be difficult to do it any other way.

As long as the implementation of the standards is such that a normal application would be able to process data created by the implementation in an effective way, I would consider that sufficient. For example the XLIFF, GMX/V or TMX files produced were capable of interchange with other systems without difficulty, or in the case of GMX/V that the metrics produced for the sample test data is correct.

Best Regards,

Andrzej Zydroń

CTO

XTM International

Tel:         +44 (0) 1753 480 469
Fax:        +44 (0) 1753 480 465
Mob:       +44 (0) 7966 477 181
email:     azydron@xtm-intl.com
www:      http://www.xtm-intl.com
Skype:    zydron

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you may not
delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification
is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless explicitly stated
otherwise this message is provided for informational purposes only and
should not be construed as a solicitation or offer.