obix-chair message

Subject: Request to join oBIX (OASIS Open Building Information Exchange) TC Approved

You have been approved for membership in the oBIX group.
oBIX now has a strong working draft and we are moving into review. Please review the documents in the XML TC to review the current state of the specification. If your interests are allied with one of the subsidiary domains, (HVAC, Security, Power, etc) please ask to join that subcommittee. If you represent an area not yet listed, please send email to the whole committee to see if we can find birds of a feather to work with you.
If you represent a Tenant, Operator, or Owner perspective on Buildings and their controls, please ask to join the Roadmaps and Deliverables subcommittee.
As we move toward consolidating version 1, we are also beginning to consider what may be a part of version 2. In version 2, we hope to define the subsidiary services. We also need people willing to begin work on the reference implementation guidelines.
Welcome aboard!