obix-comment message

Subject: href in ref element

Hi,

I wanted to know why references in ref elements are stored in href. Why we
are not using val to store reference like uri?

 And if we do store reference in val for ref element, what is difference in
ref and uri elements?

Consider following example.

<ref href="/people/Greg-Brady"/>

In this case I loose ability to locate this element by href.

Can I define contract like.

<obj href="myContract">

  <ref  name="child1" href="child1" val="/something"/>

  <ref  name="child2" href="child2" val="/somethingelse"/>

</obj>

By this way I can access reference elements by uri . e.g. /child1 or /child2

Regards,

Hemraj Chaudhari.