obix-map message

Subject: August 3 Meeting Followup - Use Cases

I was unable to attend the August 3 meeting of the oBIX Roadmap and Deliverables SC.

"Peter Manolescue made an impassioned case for driving oBIX from use cases first, not from IT. Imust confess, this viewpoint is close to my heart as well."

I believe this is extremely important, and in my opinion on of the two most important things for OBIX to proceed on.  I feel the other thing that is very important is the marketing of OBIX so that there are enough vendors and participants to generate buy-in.

How can we gather the use cases?  A wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki would be ideal;  I don't know if the KAVI platform OASIS uses has any features that would be comparable, or at least good enough, so we could submit and edit each others use cases.

Doug Ransom
Energy Analytics Domain Expert
Power Measurement
2195 Keating Cross Road