obix-power message

Subject: FW: gbXML questions

FYI,
In preparation for the oBIX power systems work, I contacted John Kennedy the
chair of the building performance and analysis working group.

Rich Harwell

Manager of Software Platforms
Eaton Electrical
(414) 359-5010 (phone)
(414) 915-2841 (cell)
(414) 449-6717 (fax)
RichardCHarwell@eaton.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John F. Kennedy [mailto:jfk@geopraxis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:52 PM
To: Harwell, Richard C
Subject: RE: gbXML questions

Richard,

Sorry for the delay. Your email was caught by my SPAM filter.

The documentation available for the gbXML schema is available at
www.gbxml.org. There isn't a use case available for the schema at this point
as there are many uses that Autodesk, Trane, GeoPraxis, York, and Carrier
are using it. I think the primary one at this point is geometry transfer
between applications for the thermal model of the building and all the
necessary information for determining the annual energy use of a building. I
appreciate oBIX's desire to ensure their activities do not overlap what is
already in use in the industry.

gbXML does not have energy management, power quality and reliability in it.
It is capable of energy billing and cost allocation. This would be in using
the <Result> element.

John