obix-security message

Subject: Review of SIA Trip Report

Thought I would kick something off for discussion centring around
Rob Zivney's trip report. My quick summary is that

1. Use UML to describe the data models.
2. Access Control to be based around the BACNEt LSS efforts.
3. DIgital Video seemed somewhat more confused. It was realized
that APIs to video servers were not the way to go.

Ceratin questions I have are

1. If BACnet LSS are being backed, what is happening to the efforts
put in by the OSE group, which seem to be backed by some fairly large
players. Do these inter operate.

2.  The cost of powerful cheap embedded processing is coming down rapidly
(FPGAs can embed a 32 bit softcore  processor for $5). The ability to push
the intelligence out to the end device is attractive. There is a
definite gain
to be achieved if all the end devices used XML as the control plain. The
interpretability
from server to devices would be massively simplified.

3. I was ensure how the digital video bit was left at the end of this
meeting.
Does Rob or anybody have any more details.

Mike

--

Mike Heinrich
Salent Technologies Ltd