obix-xml message

Subject: Data Center Markup Language

Title: Data Center Markup Language

Sam Yang noted in the Power Systems Committee today that the Data Center Markup Language http://www.dcml.org/, which is moving to OASIS, is based on the RDF model.  I took an action item to bring to the attention of this group the OBIX data model with facets and such looked somewhat like RDF.

Sam thought an RDF would be too heavyweight for an OBIX implementation;  I am not so sure - maybe it could be used simply as a schema language?

Doug Ransom
Energy Analytics Domain Expert
Power Measurement
2195 Keating Cross Road