obix-xml message

Subject: <ext>

Binding multiple services of the same type:

We've talked about issues of binding multiple history services into one oBIX server.  The more I think about it the more I can dismiss it.  oBIX probably won't be the native protocol of the true history implementation, oBIX is only the enterprise interface.  Therefore, perhaps it is best that there is only one oBIX history (or whatever) service and it represents the aggregate of all the underlaying implementations.

Inheritence

We've discussed defining <ext> and letting implementations subclass it.  I don't have a problem with that, but I think it is important to support a plugin model.  I think someone should be able to add new extensions to an exisiting server without changing the server's schema.