obix-xml message

Subject: Issues

Well I've finally started implementing.  I haven't gotten very far, but here are some shiny issues that caught my eye.

1. Containers vs. Objects

- We don't distinguish between containers and objects.  Currently it is possible for a point to contain a point.  Is this common?  I'd rather see the burden be on the vendor who has to decompose such constructs.

2. Pathing again

- After mentioning a commands service, I started thinking (for once)...  We would have to develop a whole new model for complex arguments.  However, if an object's id is it's leaf name then we could use the existing object schema and even incorporate commands into Sys.  So I now support pathing and changing read/write/subscribe to using paths instead of id's.

3. Polling

- Since we can't add/remove points from a subscription, the likely implementation scenario will be a subscription for every container.  This could lead to a client with many threads polling a server.  I would like to see the pollReq allow multiple subscription id's.