obix-xml message

Subject: RE: [obix-xml] The Architecture of the WWW

And here is the latest Working Draft of a W3C spec for how to write W3C
specs.  We are not writing a W3C spec, but I think the guidelines stated in
the Working Draft would be good for us to at least take a look at.  I think
that ideally we should try to adhere to the guidelines.

http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Yang [mailto:syang@echelon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 9:44 AM
To: obix-xml@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [obix-xml] The Architecture of the WWW

Last month, the W3C released a Recommendation concerning the Web's core
design.  It covers basic design elements such as how to identify resources,
how to represent resource state, and how to interact with resources.  It's
like a guidebook for groups like us, and it's actually a good read.  We need
to keep the guidelines in mind for our efforts.

Here it is: http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/

Sam