obix-xml message

Subject: Things I'd like to discuss at tomorrow's telecon.

Pathing
========
- Isn't the need only to identify the root object for read/write operations?
If so,
- I don't think there is a need for pathing
- I'm leaning towards an opague "handle" which is the unique identifier.

Misc notes
=========
- Should ObjectReadType be ObjectType?
- Need default values for:
    * DimensionType -> everything
    * FacetsType -> resolution, precision, writable
    * AlarmType -> inAlarm
    * ReadReqType -> locale, depth
- How about ext element in IncludeType be a boolean?  Think it would be
much easier.
- Shouldn't facets have trueText and falseText?
- Units: I still don't like unit refs.
    * We don't have unit read operation.
    * Which object holds the master unit?  What if the client hasn't
read it yet?
    * Id should be a unique unit identifier, the client can table on that.
- What is root?
- If read depth is 0, should more children be indicated?
- How about an object version?  If used, this could be used to indicate
an object's facets have changed.

I don't like depth
- We'll end up double reading most objects during discovery (especially
if everyone uses depth 1 as I feel they will).  Think about it.
- In my tests, a depth a 5 resulted in a massively large document.  This
feature is dangerous.
- I think read should simply list children handles.

Thanks,
Aaron