obix-xml message

Subject: Alarm Acknowledgement

I would like change how oBIX alarms are acknowledged.  The specification currently defines an AlarmService (section 15.4) for doing this.  The sole purpose of the AlarmService is for acking alarms and the way it is done is by passing the service a list of alarm URI's.

Since alarms are required to have URI's and are therefore individually reachable, I don't see the need for the level of indirection the alarm service introduces.  Instead, I would like to add an ack operation to the AckAlarm (section 15.2.3) contract.

Does anyone have any feelings about this?