obix-xml message

Subject: RE: [obix-xml] Alarm Acknowledgement

Dave,

Remember everything can be batched using the Sys.batch operation.

Personally I favor an operation directly on the alarm since it is more
flexible and keeps the spec simpler.  You can still implement it however
you want with creative use of URIs for alarms.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Richards, Dave [mailto:drichards@trane.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:51 AM
To: obix-xml@lists.oasis-open.org

Having the operation be against the alarm object itself leaves you
unable to
do a bulk acknowledgement.  You'd have multiple round trips rather than
one
and I don't know how important that is.  The user would not notice any
difference unless the network was unusually (or inherently) slow.

Also, are there considerations for the implementation of having
operations
against dynamic/transient objects?  A fixed service would seem simpler
in
some respects.

So to answer your question, I have a feeling, but I'm not yet sure what
it
is.