obix-xml message

Subject: Scheduling Work in 1.1 draft

Met with the OpenADR group at Lawrence Berkeley yesterday. OpenADR is a standard developed at the behest of the California DOE as a demand-response standard. They wish to try and take this standard national and will be having a coming out party as a pre-meeting at Connectivity Week.

The technical team has expressed some interest with our work to date on using ICAL derived schema for scheduling, with an eye to aligning the data structures for DR events and building system schedules. I know we are not fully baked, yet, but is anyone willing to prepare a synopsis of our work to date in this area and highlighting the ongoing issues?

Thanks

tc

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." -- David Thoreau

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina