obix-xml message

Subject: RE: oBIX Meeting to move one week and agenda

The best news of all is that Bob was right, I am wrong, this week’s meeting is on my daytime calendar and nowhere else, and that my proposal below is actually to have us meet at the regular time.

Thursday, 12 June 2008, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

<whew />

I still need agenda items submitted because I will be travelling  from Friday through Wednesday…

Agenda Items that I know:

1)      Can we resolve the different views of Contracts – as we seem to be speaking oppast each other.

2)      Can we consider the hold-ups in ICAL to oBIX and either declare it done or get some new resources/energy to work on completing this task.  There is a CHAIRS list w/i OASIS that allows one chair to consult with the other chairs. The proposal that we use HCAL was the first fruit of my inquiries on this subject, others may follow. I will share them as they come up

3)      If we resolve 1, can we agree on a roadmap to what the external face of a response to an OpenADR request looks like.

In other news, the ONTOLOG Building Service Performance Framework is looking at a kick-off soon. ONTOLOG may be defining the V2.0 services in a way similar to the proposals we have had on this thread in the past. Those looking beyond controls to service interactions with the enterprise may be interested. ONTOLOG is an offshoot of OASIS for lighter weight process that arrived during the big EBXML push of a few years back. The conveners are looking to a framework that will

-          Define the interactions between NBIMS and Building Systems defined as services

-          Define a framework for creating monetizable numbers for commercial real estate based upon performance

-          Define the underpinnings of the abstractions we have long imagined for oBIX v2.0

Some oBIX lurkers with little patience for XML may find these abstractions more their cup of tea.

The home page/WIKI for this site is at

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BuildingServicePerformance

But the draft charter may be a better entry point

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BuildingServicePerformance/DraftCharter

tc

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina