obix-xml message

Subject: RE: [obix-xml] oBIX Scheduling

Yes let’s definitely setup a meeting.

This is great that we finally have some stuff written down.  Couple comments:

- I do not think vcalendar should implement Point – intuitively it doesn’t seem like calendars are hard or logical points

- I think it ok that we can’t capture the contract of consistent values;  no type system can perfectly model every contract;  so I don’t think we should complicate things by trying to create specialized bool, real, etc calendars;

- I don’t get the priority of 1 or 0 – is that the range?  If so why not use a boolean?

- getSchedule doesn’t sound like an operation – it sounds like a JavaBeans getter; I’d vote for something like flatten, periods, toSchedule, scheduleFor

- We should translate dashes to camel case for example last-modified should be lastModified

- Shouldn’t Vevent and Period have a value slot?

- Does it make sense for Period to include end and duration when that can be derived?