obix-xml message

Subject: RE: [obix-xml] oBIX Scheduling

Do we include points actually in the vCalendar? I can see….

(note: pseudo XML, not  any  actual implementation)

Postulate separate objects in the oBIX payload

<calendar1>

<calendar2>

<calendar3>

<calendar4>

<contract1>

<contract2>

<contract3>

<contract4>

<contract5>

I could imagine (A)

<contract1 schedule=”calendar1”>

<contract2 schedule=”calendar1”>

<contract3 schedule=”calendar1,calendar3”>

Alternately, I could imagine (B)

<calendar1 invokes=”contract1”>

<calendar2 invokes=”contract1,contract3”>

<calendar3 invokes=”contract4”>

This moves invocation of point or  event outside the calendar item and creates a more general purpose calendar item. Personally, I prefer the (a) approach. But not strongly…

tc

"A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying ... that he is wiser today than yesterday." -- Jonathan Swift

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina