obix-xml message

Subject: More on Light-weight Communications

The current list is smartgrid-interest@lists.oasis-open.org, and those interested in promulgating Brian’s proposal may want to chime in. The simple cartoon story we would love to have is “that lower level stuff is all defined in oBIX.” As of yet, it is not true. But it might be…and we might get more participants for the committee by comparing notes publicly at this time…”

In related issues, what is the Smart Grid Telemetry standard? Does it look like oBIX?

Should oBIX develop standard profiles using the WS-DD and WS-DP standards?

WS-Calendar and the oBIX Schedule Object…

etc

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu