obix-xml message

Subject: Re: [obix-xml] News on XML iCalendar

Thorsten,

I agree on picking the most used calendar modeling by the industry (although sounds like the model is *still* iCalendar), just a question of encoding.

My proposal is that we should drop scheduling from 1.1 for two reasons:
  - let things shake out to see where rest of industry goes
  - because it is highly unlikely to get real implementations anytime soon, and we need implementations for standardization

So my suggestion is we focus on the 1.1 release with existing date, time, and timezone stuff and new binary encoding section.

By the way Thorsten, does Echelon have an oBIX implementation?