obix-xml message

Subject: Re: [obix-xml] History Push

OK, to keep it drop dead simple we use the term "append" and say you MUST push only newer data to the History (you can't push anything with a timestamp before History.end)

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Sublett, John <jsublett@tridium.com> wrote:

That’s a slippery slope.  If we’re going to allow old(er) records to be inserted, do we also need an update to modify existing records?

From: Brian Frank [mailto:brian.tridium@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:23 AM
To: obix-xml@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [obix-xml] History Push

We decided on our call yesterday to call the History operation used to push new HistoryRecords "append".  But I'm not liking that term because it implies you can only append histories to the "end" of the history and that you can't insert older records.

So I'm thinking the correct term is "insert" and that no restrictions are made with regard to the timestamps of the new records and the existing records.