obix-xml message

Subject: RE: [obix-xml] History Push

We also probably need to consider time changes.  What happens if you change the time backwards, and then you collect more records, etc...

From: Sublett, John [mailto:jsublett@tridium.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:58 AM
To: obix-xml@lists.oasis-open.org

I like requiring sorted records.  Then the server behavior when the incoming records are not sorted can be left unspecified.  A server could choose to accept the out of order records or ignore some or all of them.  Aaron mentioned something yesterday about the server returning a value indicating what was accepted.  Do you think we need something like that?  He specifically suggested returning the timestamp of the last record that was accepted.