obix-xml message

Subject: FW: [ws-dd] DPWS for 6LoWPAN

As we skate down the edge of going out of scope defining wireless and other protocols, we should keep an eye toward other efforts in this area.

WS-DD (Device Discovery) is looking to discovery of systems in the home / office using web services. Their committee members include operating systems vendors, enterprise software vendors, IT device makes, and Schneider electric. Their committee does include a SOAP over UDP charge with explicit work in wireless encodings, small foot prints, and the like.

Of course, any OASIS member can join their group, either as an observer or as a member. I recommend that anyone working on wireless encodings at least observe this work...

tc

"A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying ... that he is wiser today than yesterday." -- Jonathan Swift

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu
Phone: (919)962-9073
http://www.oasis-open.org
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Elmar Zeeb [mailto:elmar.zeeb@uni-rostock.de]
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:06 AM
To: ws-dd@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-dd] DPWS for 6LoWPAN

Hi everybody,

We submitted an informational Internet-Draft (I-D) at the IETF entitled "DPWS for 6LoWPAN". We would like to invite you to give comments on the I-D or for further discussions on this topic. The I-D can be found at http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-moritz-6lowapp-dpws-enhancements-00.txt or through the 6LoWAPP wiki site http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/6LowApp.

If applicable, I would like to invite you to use the 6LoWAPP mailing list for direct feedback (available at the wiki site).

Regards,
Guido Moritz,
Elmar Zeeb

   Dipl.-Inf. Elmar Zeeb
   Universität Rostock, Fakultät f. Informatik und Elektrotechnik
   Institut f. Angewandte Mikroelektronik und Datentechnik
   University of Rostock, Faculty of CS and EE
   Institute of Applied Microelectronics and Computer Engineering,
   18051 Rostock
   Deutschland/Germany
   Tel. : ++49 (0)381 498 - 7262
   Fax  : ++49 (0)381 498 - 7252