Subject: RE: oBIX Discovery Service

Title: Message
As we name these scenarios, we are creating a new verb known the the oBIX language - in the same way that each object and method known in an OO environment creates a new verb.  This, is the essense of the Domain Specific Language (DSL) I was talking about last week.  You may recall that I suggested that a Web Service done right might be indistinguishable from a DSL.

http://blogs.msdn.com/keith_short/archive/2004/06/18/159710.aspx

While I am not sure myself what I mean by that, it do feel that it is a useful lense with which to look at oBIX, or the development of any language.

tc

From: Aaron Hansen [mailto:ahansen@tridium.com]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 1:59 PM
To: Considine, Toby (Facilities Technology Office); Peter Manolescue
Cc: Brian Frank; Anno Scholten; antob@clasma.com

I do wonder if this belongs in the point service.  What we are talking about (scenes/shed levels) are nothing more than a group of set points.  It would certainly be a distinguishing feature between oBIX and all other XML point services.

BTW - We should be having these discussions on the mailing lists...