Subject: So what is UNC looking for nowadays?

More than several of you have asked what kinds of systems is UNC asking for right now. Well, we can't really require oBIX on today's bids, but I have linked a current request for comment on enterprise EBMS (really HVAC, mostly) that we are floating around.

http://www.fac.unc.edu/drafts/UNC17900R2011305.pdf

In other conversations, our Data Center guys  (we have several) our looking for processes that span the building that the data center is in, letting  the EBMS guys query their posture (probably DCML) and them to be able to receive plans via web services from the rest of the building so they can make their own plans..

tc

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

Toby Considine
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC