Subject: Fitting oBIX into management frameworks

Reading standards specs for agregational standards is a lot of fun and all but sometimes it is hard to wrap your mind (or my mind anyway) around things without a good example.

SCRM is Standard Collaboration and networked Resource Management and is a framework for the management of resources used in a network or individually. The most of the resources are closely tied to the DTMF-type resources.

Winston Bumpus, Director of Systems Management Architecture and Standards for Dell, has put together a wicki tied to the sourceforge project for *that* committee which does a good job of explaining the terminology of WSDM by illustrating how his resources become managed resources under the framework.

I believe a future version of oBIX will fit the model in a similar way, with each building system fitting into the resource framework.

http://testforge.ggf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.scrm-wg/wiki/Landscape

check it out!

Toby Considine
UNC