Subject: oBIX Organizational Update

1)       Brian has submitted the 0.12 draft to the XML Standards subcommittee. It will be discussed this afternoon and probably be submitted to the oBIX TC afterwards. The document can be found on the subcommittee page at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=obix-xml. That group is meeting this afternoon of you have any concerns you would like to share.

2)       We have missed a formal step in the changing IPR. You will be receiving a poll on IPR status. Please reply promptly as we are required to have a 30 day wait before final conversion, a wait we would like to begin immediately.  The vote will specify the “Royalty Free (RF) Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory (RAND)”. Anyone who would like to review the UP policy of oasis can do so at http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

3)       As soon as the Sub-Committee Draft (1) is released to the Committee, we will begin a poll to release this document for public review. This is a big step and I urge everyone to participate promptly,

tc