Subject: FW: XML Schema for Building services

I'm forwarding this to Dee and the oBIX TC - could someone please respond to Mr. Palmer?

Thanks!

Mary

From: James Palmer [mailto:JPalmer@northbt.com]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 11:38 AM
To: tc-admin@oasis-open.org
Subject: XML Schema for Building services

Hi,

I am trying to find information on any for of XML schema that has been designed for building services, to include HVAC, Security, Lighting, Energy Metering / Power Supply and generation, and Fire. Or sub sets thereof.

I am told that Obix is what I am looking for, but cannot seem to find any published protocols or information on the web other than a press release site at www.obix.org

My Company provides building integration and IT convergence products into the UK, Europe, Middles East and Far East. We need to develop an XML schema that can handle all of the different systems we support and do not wish to re-invent the wheel. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

James Palmer, Business Development

North Building Technologies Ltd

Email

jpalmer@northbt.com

Web

www.northbt.com

Tel

+44 (0) 1273 694422

Mob

+44 (0) 7909 527703

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of North unless specifically stated.

If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that North monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.