Subject: RE: oBIX and Completing the job

All the formal comments have a formal response to the list server available under

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/obix-comment/

From: Considine, Toby (Facilities Technology Office) [mailto:Toby.Considine@unc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 2:20 PM
To: oBIX@lists.oasis-open.org; Brian Frank
Subject: oBIX and Completing the job

We have been wrestling with the final steps to get the standard out the door. Those of you who have been on calls (thank you!) know that we completed the 60 day review (some time ago), that we got comments that appeared to be largely editorial in nature, and that Brian has re-crafted the document to meet those requests.

What we have not done is meet the OASIS standard of defining each issue, a response to that issue, and then voting on each issue. In this case, we need to divide up and number the separate issues that appeared in the comments, and then have a separate vote on each issue.

The evidence of these votes, as seen within the OASIS system, is what the OASIS staff will need to take us to the next issue.

Accordingly:

1)      Brian – can you break the comments up into numbered issues. And send them to the group.

2)      For each issue, can we then have a suggested response, tine for discussion, followed by a vote

3)      These can all be done by email, as long as the email is performed *through* the OASIS list serves.

4)      Everyone who receives this document is a voting member. We need you All to vote on each of these issues as they come out

If we all pay attention, there is no reason that we cannot be done by Thanksgiving.

If there are any suggestions for changes / enhancements to the oBIX front page, would you please let me know. We are beginning to get inquiries from people who would like to participate in the next revision. All do not want to participate until we get this one done.

I am sorry that *I* have been scarce – but we can finish this up quickly.