Subject: oBIX next Steps

Congratulations to the members of the oBIX committee on having successfully passed this as a “Committee Standard”.  We are now working with OASIS staff on the correct procedure to proceed to making this an OASIS standard.  There are a number of important criteria that need to be met, prior to a full vote.  One of these is documentation on “successful use” of oBIX.  In order to complete this certification I need you to send me an e-mail  with the following text:

"I hereby certify that (company X) is successfully using the oBIX Committee Standard Version 1.0 in accordance with the OASIS TC Process."

Rules:

1)       We are required to document a minimum of three of these certifications

2)       Certifications must be from OASIS organizational members,  it can't be from an individual or associate member (but they do not have to be oBIX committee members )

3)       The certification must be from the member (not from a third party)

4)       It does not appear to be a requirement that the implementation be in a commercially available (i.e. shipping) product.  If you have successfully tested the standard in a desktop or lab environment then that is adequate.

Paul Ehrlich