Subject: FW: [obix] oBIX next Steps

Title: RE: [obix] oBIX next Steps

First certification – two more required!

From: Brian Frank [mailto:bfrank@tridium.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 12:35 AM
To: Paul Ehrlich; Aaron Hansen; Marc Petock
Cc: Steve Fey; Brian Frank
Subject: RE: [obix] oBIX next Steps

Paul,

"I hereby certify that Tridium is successfully using the oBIX Committee
Standard Version 1.0 in accordance with the OASIS TC Process."

We have three implementations:
  1) full client/server implementation for Niagara AX
  2) full server implementation for Niagara R2
  3) client implementation in open source Java oBIX Toolkit

So if JCI or Siemens are using our Niagara oBIX implementation as OEMs, then that counts as a "successful use"?
I was thinking that we had to have 3 different implementations, but it is just use of the standard then?  Also if Tridium could be considered an different organization from Honeywell I can dig up something there too.

I also know Trane is building an oBIX implementation.

I've had some emails with Bob Dolan at Echelon that leads me to suspect they might have an implementation - you might want to send Bob an email if you don't hear from him.

Also does the use of oBIX at UNC count thru Toby?  We have other customers using oBIX, but I don't think any are OASIS members.

Brian