Subject: Steve's Images as promised

Steve Graham, of IBM, and on this TC in an observer role, gave some talks on web services and the enterprise at Builconn a couple years ago. When we were talking earlier this week about the roadmap for oBIX, several of his slides, but particularly the one that indicates how services are built up from components, came to mind.

I no longer have his original slides, but I had stolen a lot from them when speculating about the same subject last year. So now, with a dozen or so slides that are not relevant pared away, is much of *that* talk including the images and statistics stolen from Steve’s work. (If you haven’t seen him talk about the enterprise, and you have an opportunity to do so, take advantage of it)

Most of the roadmap in this talk aligns easily with the vision Brian Frank shared with us the other day. Some does not. But look to slide 12, as well as the rest.

And Steve, Thanks again

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."   - George Orwell

Toby Considine
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC