OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

obix message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [obix] Groups - Post Symposium oBIX Meeting added

AFAIK, both Paul and I will be in town. I will be happy to report on oBIX there...


"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."
-Pablo Neruda.

Toby Considine
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu
Phone: (919)962-9073 
blog: http://www.NewDaedalus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Zimmer [mailto:zimmer@caba.org] 
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 11:42 AM
To: Considine, Toby (Technology Services); obix@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Ludo Bertsch; david.holmberg@nist.gov; a.hansen@controlco.com; Tom Lohner; Paul Ehrlich
Subject: RE: [obix] Groups - Post Symposium oBIX Meeting added

Toby... I was at The Cable Show and the K/BIS last week and unable to participate. As we have moved the CABA support for oBIX under the CABA Intelligent & Integrated Buildings Council...you may be aware that the IIBC will meet at 9 AM on May 25 as part of BuilConn 2007 in Chicago. Would Paul, you or someone be able to report on oBIX at this meeting?

Let Tom Lohner, IIBC Chair and myself know if this is possible. Because the meeting is only 90 minutes long...to be followed by a 2 hour IB Town Hall....we may only have approx 10 minutes for an update report and any call to action for the industry.


-----Original Message-----
From: toby.considine@unc.edu [mailto:toby.considine@unc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 1:16 PM
To: obix@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: david.holmberg@nist.gov; a.hansen@controlco.com
Subject: [obix] Groups - Post Symposium oBIX Meeting added

We'll try to keep tis brief, under an hour.

 -- Toby Considine

Post Symposium oBIX Meeting has been added by Toby Considine

Date:  Wednesday, 09 May 2007
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
919-962-2719 no PIN needed

Proposed Agenda: 
5 Minutes Roll Call, etc 

10 Minutes: Status, Updates, Comments from Chairs 
Paul Ehrlich: NBIMS, AIA, etc: adoption, oportunities, ...

Toby Considine: Symposium, GridWise, nearby domains
- Coalescing of WS-* stack
- SOA Reference Model (well worth reading!)

Possible F2F: Is there sufficient interest for a F2F at BuilConn/Connectivity week in Chicago, Or Before, Or After....

Action Items: 

Open Action Items: 10 Minutes 

1. Jeremy Roberts: Compile list from LONMARK members of proprietary features missing in 1.0 specification to treat as Wish List for Specification. 
2. Brian Frank: One page summary of View toward 2.0 for member section. 
3. Comments on Updated oBIX home page

New Business: 

Liason Issues

- Liason with Emergency Management (if Michelle 
Raymond able to attend)

- Liason with BACnet (id David Holmberg able to attend)


Old Business: 

Next Version Features

(tc) Upgraded Contracts. oBIX currently allows client to create contract, and thereafter refer to that contact when requesting updates. If an oBIX server can maintain a library of pre-defined contracts, then these could be the basis for meeting the immeditate needs of some members while providing for some of the liason issues above. I imagine that a client can invoke a named contract for a contract period. The reply of the oBIX server (Contract issued, here's the ID) and all future communications are identical to a contract invoked by other means.

Possible uses:
- Could Named Contracts provide a standards-based way to perform the proprietary actions some mebemrs complain that oBIX does not support?
- EmergencyManagementSeverWeather Contract. Set by building owner/intgrator, aproved by insurance company, invoked by National Weather Service
- Beginning of type libraries for oBIX

Granular Security models. We might not be ready to discusss this, but I will include it as an agenda item until we are

What Structure (committee,aproach,consnesus documents) do we want for getting to 1.1?

5 Minutes: Summary and Action Items 

- Possible revised charge to Jeremy based on Contract discussion?


View event details:

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your web

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]