Subject: RE: [obix] Contracts in v1.1

Interesting question. My impulse is that these batch contracts are a step up the abstraction layer, but not enough of a step.

Hardware comes from the vendor with various functions. These can be listed in the Lobby. This allows pre-definition.

I think a service might be “Able to perform to DR”

This might be answered by the integrator defining 3 ADR contracts.

“Power_Normal, PowerShed_Routine, PowerShed_Extreme”

Each of these is invoked as a simple command – Together they define the service.

Another service might be “Able to document current HBI index”

This might require various batch operations on the current air state including knowledge of current occupancy numbers.

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina