Subject: Today's [non] meeting

It was pointed out to me that of we still had regularly scheduled meetings, today is the day the meeting would be scheduled. It was simultaneously pointed out to me that AHR is coming up, and times are busy…

There is a lot of activity that is oBIX related going on out there. openLynx (see this month’s Automated Buildings) is a very exciting development.  The SmartGrid discussion group is part of a national effort that makes the business case for enterprise interactivity. The BIEFR effort to develop new standards for emergency response (some call it the digital fire panel)  makes the case for abstracted platform neutral queries of control systems.

Does anyone want to meet before AHR?

What is a good time for people to meet next?

Should we release the work already done on oBIX 1.1 as oBIX 1.0 Errata?

Thoughts, please…

tc

"It is the theory that decides what can be observed."   - Albert Einstein

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
Co-Chair, OASIS Technical Advisory Board
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu