Subject: Conformance Requirements to become OASIS standard

We frequently discuss moving oBIX from OASSI Specification to OASIS standard. One aspect of oBIX that we must improve to meet OASIS Standard requirements is the conformance section of oBIX.

To make sure that Committee Members have a common understanding of the requirement, I urge you to read:

The OASIS TAB general interoperability guidelines ( note that we have several of the top 10 issues in the current draft).

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/InteropGuide

The work of the OASIS Conformance TC

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ioc

tc

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
OASIS Technical Advisory Board
OASIS Energy Interoperation TC